Galaxy Federal Credit Union Debit & ATM Cardholder Agreement
The undersigned (you" or "your"), in consideration of Galaxy Federal Credit Union ("GFCU" or "we" or "our" or "us") issuing to you a VISA Check Card or a STAR ATM Card ("card"), hereby agrees to be legally bound by the following terms and conditions.
1. Card and PIN (Personal Identification Number) Issuance: If you requested a Card and your request was approved, we have encoded your card to access funds in your account. The card shall remain our property and shall be surrendered immediately to us upon our request and upon the closing of your account. You cannot transfer your card to another person and we may cancel and retrieve your card at any time without notice to you. Upon receipt of the card(s), you will be required to call 866-985-2273 (a toll free number) to activate the card. This number is available 24/7. You must call from either the day or evening phone number you provided on this application. Once activated, you will be instructed to select your PIN. For your protection you should guard the secrecy of your PIN and you agree not to write your PIN on the card and not to keep the PIN any place where it may be found with your card. If you wish to change your PIN, you will need to call Card Services at 866-985-2273 from your day or evening phone.
2. Responsibility: You are responsible for all transactions you make with the card or that you authorize another person to make with the card. If the account is a joint account, all transactions involving the account are binding. You agree that you will not use your account/card for any transaction that is illegal under federal, state, or local law. The Credit Union reserves the right to decline any transactions that we consider fraudulent, suspicious, or illegal. The Credit Union will not knowingly authorize charges related to online gambling.
3. Card use. You may use the card and PIN to withdraw cash, make deposits, or transfer funds at an ATM that displays the STAR logo, the VISA logo, and the PLUS logo. Deposits may be made at ATM's that accept such deposits. You understand that we have the right to verify the deposit before we make the money available to you. You understand and acknowledge that the funds from your deposit may not be available for immediate withdrawal and that the availability of your deposit shall depend on our rules and regulations regarding the particular account in which you are making a deposit, the items that you are depositing, and whether the deposit is made at a STAR that is owned by us or another financial institution. You also understand and acknowledge that not all STAR's may accept deposits and some STAR's may limit the amount of funds that may be deposited and we may not control these limits. You acknowledge that a fee may be imposed by (1) an ATM operator not holding the consumer's account, or (2) any national, regional, or local network used to complete the transaction.
You may also use the card without the PIN (ATM cards are not applicable) to purchase goods or services at places that accept VISA cards (these are point of sale or POS transactions); order goods or services by mail or telephone from places that accept VISA cards; or make automatic payments from your account to pay bills or other charges, provided that the person or organization that you are paying agrees to accept payments this way. To have the transaction processed as a VISA Check Card transaction, you must press the "credit" button on the merchant keypad.
Any use of the card is an order by you for the withdrawal of the amount of the transaction from your account. Each transaction will be deducted from your account on the date the transaction is posted to your account. You promise to pay GFCU immediately for any negative (overdraft) balance arising in your account. GFCU may deduct the amount of any overdraft from any other account you have with the credit union, except an Individual Retirement Account. The day for withdrawal and purchase limits starts at 3:00 PM each day and ends at 2:59 PM the next day.
You understand that if an area, region, or country or a particular type of merchant is experiencing excessive fraudulent transactions, we have the right to restrict transactions as we deem necessary to protect the credit union and your accounts. If you are traveling to one of these areas, we recommend that you purchase a Travel Money Card which is not tied to your Galaxy account. See any employee for questions if you expect to be traveling.
You hereby consent to receive autodialed and/or pre-recorded telephone calls and/or short SMS messages from or on behalf of Galaxy Federal Credit Union at the telephone number(s) provided on the attached application, including if applicable, your wireless number. These calls or messages will be made regarding possible fraudulent activity on your debit/atm card. If you wish to remove consent, you must contact the Credit Union in writing clearly stating this and providing the applicable phone number.
If you use your card for online purchases, you will be required to register for Verified by Visa before an online purchase can be processed. You may do so from the link on our website or during the purchasing process when instructed. The enrollment process is a onetime procedure where you will provide personal information to us, which is then used to confirm your identity in connection with future online transactions or other transactions for which Verified by Visa is used. Your Registration Data and other personal information is not shared with the merchant. Upon registration, you will be instructed to select a password for use when using your card for online purchases. If you do not successfully register for Verified by Visa, the merchant may not accept your Visa card in payment for an e-commerce or other transaction. Verified by Visa increases security in online transactions and reduces the chances of fraud for those transactions. There is no cost to you, the cardholder, for this service.
You may enroll in Debit Card Alerts at no charge. To enroll, visit our website, www.galaxyfcu.com, and click on the appropriate link. Card Alerts will send consumer selected alerts to the mobile telephone number and/or email address you designate. If you receive an alert for a transaction you did not authorize, contact us immediately to stop fraudulent charges on your account.
4. LIABILITY: You agree to contact us at once if you believe the Card issued to you or your PIN has been lost or stolen or money is missing from your account(s). Telephoning us at STAR at 1-800-523-4175 is the best way of keeping your losses to a minimum. You could lose all your money in your account(s) if you take no action to notify us of the loss of your card or PIN. If you notify us of your loss, your liability will be as follows: A. If you contact us within two business days of the loss or your discovery, you can lose no more than $50. if someone used your card without your permission. B. If someone used your card without your permission, you could lose as much as $500 if you do NOT contact us within two business days after you learn of the loss and we can prove that we could have prevented the loss if you had contacted us. C. Also, if your monthly statement shows transfers or purchases that you did not make and you do not contact us within 60 days after the statement was mailed to you, you may not get back any money lost after 60 days, if we can prove that your contacting us would have prevented these losses. If a good reason (such as a long trip or hospital stay) kept you from telling us, the time periods may be extended.
If you believe unauthorized access occurred on your account or your PIN has been stolen, or that someone has transferred or may transfer money from your account by accessing your account without your permission, call GFCU Monday through Friday between the hours of 9:00 a.m. and 4:00 p.m. Eastern Time or write to us at Galaxy Federal Credit Union, ATTN: Electronic Services, 1313 Liberty Street, Franklin, PA 16323. We may reserve the right to require that you complete an Affidavit of Fraud form and require supporting documentation.
5. BUSINESS DAYS: The business days of GFCU are Monday through Friday, excluding holidays.
6. FEES AND CHARGES: The following fees and charges will be deducted automatically from your account:
Annual Fee: NONE
Replacement Card: $15.00 each
Research Fee: $30.00 per hour
Transaction Fees: $1.00 per ATM transaction, including EACH cash withdrawal, transfer, deposit, or balance inquiry- except when done at an ATM owned by GFCU. There is no charge for a POS transaction.
International Transaction Fee: Purchases and cash withdrawals made in a foreign country and foreign currencies will be converted to U.S. dollars at the rate of exchange determined by operating regulations and rules. You understand that we do not have any control over the conversion rate and/or fees that may be charged by a card association.
7. LIMITS: You understand that withdrawals and purchases are limited to the available amount in your account. Unsuccessful PIN attempts are 3, at which time the card will be retained by the ATM owner. There are also limits on the frequency of use of the card each day. These are imposed and not revealed for security purposes. You will be denied the use of the card if you exceed the daily withdrawal or purchase limit; do not have adequate funds available in your account; do not enter the correct PIN; or exceed the frequency of usage limitation. You also understand that the maximum per day limits are set by Galaxy Federal Credit Union and are as stated below:
VISA Check Card
STAR (ATM) Card
POS Return Limit
8. STOP PAYMENTS: You do not have the right to stop payment on any POS transaction or any transaction you perform at an ATM. You can attempt to stop pre-arranged regular payments from your account by contacting the originator of the charge. GFCU cannot place a stop payment on an item once you have authorized it to an originator. GFCU is not responsible for any losses or damages to a charge you have authorized.
9. RIGHT TO RECEIVE DOCUMENTATION: Transfers and withdrawals made will be recorded on your periodic statement. You will receive a monthly account statement for each month in which you initiate electronic transactions.
10. INFORMATION TO THIRD PARTIES: We will disclose information to third parties about your account or the transactions you make:
Where it is necessary to complete transactions
To verify the existence and standing of your account with us upon the request of a third party, such as a credit bureau or merchant
In accordance with your written permission
To comply with government agency or court orders
11. LIABILITY FOR FAILURE TO MAKE TRANSACTIONS: If we fail to complete a transaction on time or in the correct amount according to our agreement with you, we may be liable for your losses or damages. However, there are some exceptions. We will NOT be liable, for instance:
If, through no fault of ours, you do not have enough money in your account to make the transaction
If the funds in your account are subject to legal process or other claim
If circumstances beyond our control prevent the transaction, despite reasonable precautions we have taken
For preauthorized transactions, if through no fault of GFCU, the payment information for a preauthorized transaction is not received.
If the ATM where you are making the transaction does not have enough cash
If the ATM was not working properly and you knew about the problem when you started the transaction
If you have reported an unauthorized use of your PIN, reported it stolen, or changed your PIN, and we have as a result refused to honor the original PIN
Any other exceptions as established by GFCU
12. NOTICES AND CHANGES IN TERMS: All notices from us will be effective when we have mailed or delivered them to your last known address. We will mail notice to you twenty-one (21) days before the effective date of any change. We reserve the right to change the terms and conditions of this agreement at any time.
13. IN CASE OF ERROR OR QUESTIONS ABOUT YOUR ELECTRONIC TRANSFERS: If you think your statement is wrong or if you need more information about a transaction listed on the statement, immediately telephone us at 814-432-1207 Monday through Friday, between the hours of 9:00 a.m. and 4:00 p.m.; or write us at 1313 Liberty Street. Franklin. PA 16323. We must hear from you no later than 60 days after we sent you the FIRST statement on which the problem or error appeared.
Tell us your name and account number.
Describe the error or the transaction you are unsure about, including the transaction confirmation number if possible, and explain as clearly as you can why you believe it is an error or why you need more information.
Tell us the dollar amount of the suspected error.
If you tell us verbally, we may require that you send us your complaint or question in writing within 10 business days. We will tell you the results of our investigation within 10 business days (20 business days if initiated outside the U.S.) after we hear from you and will correct any error promptly. If we need more time, however, we may take up to 45 calendar days (90 if initiated outside the U.S.) to investigate your complaint or question. If we decide to do this, we will re-credit your account within 10 business days (20 if initiated outside the U.S.) for the amount you think is in error, so that you will have use of the money during the time it takes us to complete our investigation. If we ask you to put your complaint or question in writing and we do not receive it within 10 business days, we may not re-credit your account.
If we decide there was no error, we will send you a written explanation within 3 business days after we finish our investigation. You may ask for copies of the documents we used in our investigation
14. TERMINATION OF ACCOUNT: You may cancel this agreement at any time by returning your card to us. GFCU may also terminate this Agreement at any time by notifying you orally or in writing. If either you or GFCU cancels your card, you agree to return the card(s) to the credit union. Regardless of who terminates the account, the termination shall not affect your obligations under this agreement for any transactions made prior to termination.
15. LAW AND ENFORCEMENT: This agreement is governed by the Bylaws of Galaxy Federal Credit Union and all laws and regulations, as amended from time to time. To the extent of the law, you agree to pay reasonable costs; including attorneys' fees the credit union incurs to enforce this agreement. This agreement is binding upon your heirs, personal representatives and successors and if more than one, jointly and severally.
16. SIGNATURES: By signing the application for a Card, you agree to the terms and conditions set forth in this agreement. You should retain this disclosure for your records.
Galaxy Federal Credit Union
1313 Liberty Street, Franklin, PA 16323
814-432-1207 www.galaxyfcu.com Revised 10/2017